hyper-links not working in a web-part RRS feed

• Question

•  I have created a power point that depicts a employee heirachy and the hyperlinks attached to their name that links to their site will not work.

* I am using MOSS 2007.  Once I save the Power Point as either Single File Web Page or Web Page (I have tried both), I had uploaded it to my library and added it to a Content Editor web-part.  The web page is there, but the links will not work (When I view the slide in Power Point, the links work).

What did I miss?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 9, 2011 5:01 AM Trouble with removed from Title. Product name (not MSSP 2007) corrected in text
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• Try using the Page Viewer Web Part instead.  Based on what this link says, the Content Editor "is not designed to link to a Web site":

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/about-the-content-editor-web-part-HA001160897.aspx

Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Tried that as well.

I have created the same pptx on my training machine and the links do work.  What I did notice was that on the production side, IE7 is the standard.  On the training side IE9 (win 7) is in place.  Before that, it was XP and IE6.  So when I go to work tomorrow I am going to roll back to IE6 on Win 7.  Then I am going to try reloading XP on the training side and go from there.

I haven't found any issue posted about IE7 as of yet (even if IE7 is the issue).

Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:14 PM