none
I cannot get Auto_Activate to work with Office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the office customization tool and ready to deploy office 2016 to our staff.  I have used the code Auto_Activate and also the run programs so that it may look at the VBS script OSPP.VBS in office 16 folder after the installation.  we are using a shutdown script in group policy to deploy tests to our test PC's.  The only thing i have lingering that i want to stop is the prompt to activate the product.  I don't want my staff to use that.  Anyone come across that and resolved that from appearing.  I have tried a few things from past forums but all are pretty old and from a few years ago, which are not helping.
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Office 2016 do you want to deploy? Is it volume licensed version? If so, What method are you using to activate Office? KMS or MAK? If you use MAK, you need to type your MAK product key in the office customization tool:

If you use KMS, you need to know that after you set up the KMS host computer, KMS clients send requests for activation and increment the current count of activations. The current count must be 5 or more before KMS clients are activated. 

In addition, could you provide the result of OSPP.VBS to help me better analyze the issue for you? You can also refer to the article Troubleshoot volume activation of Office for help.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, April 19, 2019 8:29 AM
  • I am using a MAK key and I have selected to do the silent install. I have also entered the product key.  Well we are running a batch file to trigger the installation and perform the install and then do a restart.  When the computer boots up, we open word and all other options have been hidden from staff but the window that appears is to activate office.  Once that is selected Office 2016 is ready to use.  I'd like to hide that and just have it auto activate if i could and not give the user the option to have it activated or not.  

As far as that no error messages are received as a result of running OSPP.VBS or none that I am aware of. I have version 16.0.4266.1001

Friday, April 19, 2019 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

Did you use the Microsoft Office Customization Tool to create a .MSP file and deploy the .MSP file to install Office? Please follow the steps in the article Step-By-Step: Customizing An Office 2013 Installation to have a check. For more information, read Use the OCT to customize Office 2013.

In addition, you can try to create a config.xml and use it to deploy Office 2016. Please set Display element and PIDKEY element (enable the AUTO_ACTIVATE property for product key activation)

Please note: these above articles also apply to Office 2016.

If you have any updates or anything unclear, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:53 AM
  • I could not get the auto activate to work, thanks for your help.  we already deployed office to all our computers.

Friday, April 26, 2019 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:27 AM