Windows Media Player under Win 7 says I have 13000 songs in Wmp while my PC folder system says 21000 files - whay the difference???? RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Media Player under Win 7 (via alt A) says I have 13000 songs while my PC folder system (properties) says I have 21000 files - why the difference????  All files are under a parent folder called "music".  Almost all files are MP3s, although there are a handful of WMA files.  Why the great difference?  Why isn't WMP pulling ALL my files????  Thanks.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:45 AM

Answers

• well the pc system folder reads all the files including hidden files. some times the album art comes with the song which wmp cant read because its not audio file so if the album art is hidden then you cant see it but the system can read it so i think that is why there is difference in the file counts.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe there a are some hidden files or some other files such as album.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:45 AM

All replies

• well the pc system folder reads all the files including hidden files. some times the album art comes with the song which wmp cant read because its not audio file so if the album art is hidden then you cant see it but the system can read it so i think that is why there is difference in the file counts.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe there a are some hidden files or some other files such as album.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:45 AM