Windows 7 - jumplist for SolidWorks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

Does anyone know how to make Windows 7 create a jumplist for SolidWorks?

Michael

Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So it is mostly a by design feature for SolidWorks, I suggest you contact the SolidWorks support to report this issue.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:31 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you enable jumplist in your system?

Right click Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu tab > Check Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar > Apply > OK.

What you see in a Jump List depends entirely on the program, for example, the Jump List for IE shows frequently viewed websites and WMP lists commonly played tunes.

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi Yolanda

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have enabled my jump lists, and they are showing for all other programs on my PC.

Before anyone suggests that I install "Jump list Launcher" or other special software, I'd like to say, that I do not consider that as an option.

I can tell from what I read that those apps are far from flawless.

I would really just prefer to tweak the proprietary Windows apps.

Michael

Friday, November 7, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that the jumplist shows for all other programs except the SolidWorks? Since I have no resource to manually install the product in my machine to have a test, but I'd like to confirm whether this issue happens in other machines? Do other users have a jumplist for SolidWorks?  As mentioned in my previous reply,  Jump List shows different content depending entirely on each program , so maybe it's by desigh for SolidWorks.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Hi again Yolanda

Yes, the jump lists are showing for all other programs. Not for SolidWorks.

I can see that my colleagues who are also working with SolidWorks on Windows 7, do not have SolidWorks jump lists either.

Michael

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

So it is mostly a by design feature for SolidWorks, I suggest you contact the SolidWorks support to report this issue.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:31 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:07 AM