Print Spooler keep restarting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i need some assistance with the windows server i am working with. I am using a Windows 2012 R2 Standard email. In the room i work in, we use about 20 to 25 different desktops and each one of them is having the same problem, the print spooler won't sign in. whenever i log in as an admin, i start the print spooler on a workstation. It runs until i tell the workstation to connect to a printer nearby then i get an error message stating that the print spooler is offline. I have been trying to fix this issue for a few weeks now. I figured it was a server issue but i don't know that much about using a server. Thanks!
    Monday, March 6, 2017 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    First of all, please stop the printer spooler service on printer server and clear all files under c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS from server (do not delete the PRINTERS folder, just its contents), then start the printer service again to see if it works for you.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Thank you for the help but i'm still having an issue. I went in and did this but when i did, the printer folder was already empty. I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any related event logs in the event viewer about the problem?

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:39 AM
  • What are the news on this issue ?
    Friday, August 24, 2018 2:42 PM