G-suite sync with outlook 2016 cannot find the outlook.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I have google bussiness acount which i want to access in outlook 2016 . google recomended Gsync for outlook . but Gsync cannot create profile in outlook ,after authorization the Gsync tool stuck in continue and i am not recievining any error. 

the google team told that Gsync is not able to find the outlook.exe and send me below command but this path cannot be found . 

Run this command (*including* the quotes!): "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\client\AppVLP.exe" "c:\Program Files\Google\Google Apps Sync\profileeditor.exe"

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Khalid,

Based on my research, the location of outlook.exe may differ from various system and Outlook version:

Windows 64-bit:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\

•Windows 32-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\

Click-To-Run

•Windows 64-bit:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\ClientX64\Root\Office16\

•Windows 32-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office 16\ClientX86\Root\Office16\

Then sorry that my knowledge about G-suit is limited, so it is recommended to focus on the support of the google team for further assistance about G-suit. If you need further assistance on Outlook client side about this problem, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 18, 2017 1:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank you for sharing vaulable information. 

can you please tell me does this AppVLP.exe file exists in every office version ?

i didn't found it in office 2016 64 bit by manual search .

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Khalid,

Thank you for your update.

AppVLp.exe is part of a product called known as Microsoft Application Virtualization and it is developed by Microsoft Corporation. Usually, it is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\Root\Client\AppVLp.exe

If you haven’t installed Microsoft Application Virtualization, you may not find this in your computer. You can check whether this software is installed via Control Pane > Programs and Features.

Regards,

Perry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by KhalidKhan786 Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Hi Khalid,

Just to check whether my reply helps.

By the way, do you mind marking the helpful reply above as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can more easily find the useful one?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, December 18, 2017 1:02 AM
  • HI Perry 

Thanks for your cooperation . 

i already forwarded your reply to google that AppVLP.exe is only available in virtualization . 

one thing that is confusing me is that why this Google app sync work in office 2013 and not working on office 2016 .

Monday, December 18, 2017 5:32 AM