Wizard cannot create a wireless network............ RRS feed

• Question

• Help! We have a base Dell PC and we have an HP laptop. I originally set up the wireless network with no issue and it has worked fine for over a year. Suddenly we have no connection on the laptop! Nothing has changed....except my weight! Sooo........I got on the base PC and started the Wireless Network Setup Wizard. Downloaded the "key" to my flash drive. When I inserted it into the laptop, I got the following message:

The wizard cannot create a wireless network, either because a wireless network adaptor is not installed or because software for the wireless adaptor is not installed.

What the heck? I have no clue what to do and the posts I have read are not helping me!

Thanks in advance for any advice/input.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all, please let me know whether you have Windows Vista installed on both desktop and laptop computers and whether both computers are unable to connect with Internet through Wireless Networking.

According to your error message, please check whether the wireless router is working properly and if the wireless device's drive is compatible with Windows Vista.

Generally, if the manufacturers of devices don’t provide drivers designed for Windows Vista, we can’t solve the problem just in Windows side. Incompatible hardware, especially basic devices like motherboard, may cause system crash or other serious problems in the future.

To solve the problem solidly, please contact the manufacturer and confirm whether updated driver for Windows Vista is in the works.

Thank you for understanding and I hope the problem will be fixed soon!

Monday, September 22, 2008 9:59 AM