Outlook - Shared Calendar reminders RRS feed

• Question

• We have shared calendars at work. I made a mistake while trying to download my co-workers calendar to make notes on it while he was going to a conference. His calendar downloaded to my desktop, I clicked on it, it opened up a new user within outlook, and now I am getting ALL of his reminders.

How do I disable his reminders? We have tried just about everything in regards to deleting his account from the shared calendars, removing him as a delegate, etc. I am wondering if when I clicked his calendar that I downloaded, if it created a new user and I am now getting all of his notification from the new users account. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:48 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Which version of Microsoft Outlook do you use?

In theory, reminders only fire for calendars of the account added in your Outlook profile. You can check and verify whether there is any entry related to your co-worker's email account listed under File > Account Settings > Account Settings, Email tab and Data File tab.

>>His calendar downloaded to my desktop, I clicked on it, it opened up a new user within outlook, and now I am getting ALL of his reminders.

Besides, could you specify the steps used to 'download' the calendar to your desktop? By 'download', do you mean 'export'? Was the calendar exported to .ics file, and then you accidentally double clicked the .ics file so that all the exported calendar entries were imported to your primary calendar? Note that double clicking an .ics file will import all associated calendar items within the .ics file to your primary calendar. If this is the case, I'm afraid you have to manually delete these calendar entries to fix the issue.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:12 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:23 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Any update here?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:12 AM