Windows 10 Login Pin RRS feed

• Question

• This is such a minor thing but it's been annoying me more than it should.

After updating to Build 10041 whenever I go to login and I enter my 4 digit pin I am required to press enter. This makes me seem very lazy but I have grown acustom to it automatically logging in once I entered the 4 digits and I'm just wondering if there was a way to bring that back.
    Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:24 PM

Answers

• Well that's kind of disappointing. It's something so small but for some reason extremely annoying.

Arbla

I can confirm that after doing a clean install the pin works without hitting enter.  You may want to try that if it annoys you that much

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Arbla Monday, April 6, 2015 2:14 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 12:11 PM

All replies

• Arbla

Not yet (if ever)  It is a beta.

Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Well that's kind of disappointing. It's something so small but for some reason extremely annoying.
    Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:32 PM
  • A

I am just glad they fixed pin as my regular password is 12 characters.

Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:49 PM
  • Hi Arbla,

I set 4 digital PIN in my preview build 10041,  actually it automatically logins once I type the the 4 number. I'm not required to press Enter.

Have you tried to set PIN on another user account to confirm this issue?

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:17 AM

Arbla

I can confirm that after doing a clean install the pin works without hitting enter.  You may want to try that if it annoys you that much

• Marked as answer by Arbla Monday, April 6, 2015 2:14 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 12:11 PM
  • I tried to reset the pin on my current account and it now hangs at the logon screen, after removing the text box for the password/pin. It just stays there.

When I restart my computer it now sometimes doesn't even get to the lock screen or the login screen and it either remains the colour I have set or as a black screen for a long period of time, considering my bootup was around 10 seconds and it now takes over a minute to get to the login screen after this pin issue.

Getting quite frustrated.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:24 PM
  • I am on dual boot, Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP 10041.

My 10041 is a clean boot from iso file.

After entering my password, I am required to press Enter in order to log in.

I tried my other  user account ( also admin) and I also need to press Enter key.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:43 PM
  • Hi,

I create a dual boot system Windows Technical Preview 10041 with Windows 8.1, and the PIN functions fine in the 10041, It logins automatically after I typed the 4 numbers.

@Arbla, according to your last description, it seems that you're faced with logon issue which might be related with the "Enter" issue. I recommend you perform some system optimization, disable unnecessary startup items, run virus scan, install latest windows patches or create a new user account, check the result.

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 30, 2015 8:05 AM
  • It took a few days to get to the point of reinstalling build 10041, few issues with my USB device and for some reason taking an entire day to install build 10041 but that isn't the point.

After reinstalling Build 10041 I was able to set a new pin and it now auto logs in without having to press enter. So a fresh install definitely works.

I didn't exactly want to do it, but after encountering more issues, it seemed like it was the best option.
    Monday, April 6, 2015 2:17 AM
  • AR

Clean installs are always a good idea even if they are a PITA

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:32 AM