Ünable to add publishing server to Managment console RRS feed

• Question

• I have just done a fresh installation of App-v 5, both managment and publishing servers. After installing the publishing server, I try to add the server in the managments console, and I am told to examine the server logs. This produces the following event error:

Any ideas as to why I am unable to add this? I try entering it in the following format domainname\servername

FB

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Do you have write / read access to the specific objects? (both your user account and the machine account)

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 18, 2013 8:50 AM
  • This put me in the right direction. I found a KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2797968

which gave the following solution: To resolve this issue, give the 'Authenticated Users' group 'Read All Properties' permissions on each of the above mentioned Active Directory containers. Alternatively, you can add only the computer account of the Management Server(s) with 'Read All Properties' permissions on each of the above mentioned containers.

This worked. Thanks

FB

Friday, January 18, 2013 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    If you try to enter domainname only, are there any suggestions? if you enter only servername, are there any suggestions?

Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:04 PM
  • I've tried entering it with a multitude of different formats. such as 

domain.local\server

server.domain.local

etc

But I'll try your suggestion immideately. Thank you

FB

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:20 PM
  • I did not receive any suggestions when adding servername.

FB

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Hello,

Do you have write / read access to the specific objects? (both your user account and the machine account)

Friday, January 18, 2013 8:50 AM
  • This put me in the right direction. I found a KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2797968

which gave the following solution: To resolve this issue, give the 'Authenticated Users' group 'Read All Properties' permissions on each of the above mentioned Active Directory containers. Alternatively, you can add only the computer account of the Management Server(s) with 'Read All Properties' permissions on each of the above mentioned containers.

This worked. Thanks

FB

Friday, January 18, 2013 11:20 AM