none
how to manage task days which start after one activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Project Professional I have UAT stages which has two tasks each task on 1 day.

Task1   Start- 01-03-2019    End 02-03-2019

Task2   Start   15-03-2019   End 16-03-2019

Actually UAT stages 2 days activity but project professional show its 15 days task, pls guide how can i adjust this to show actual time.

Thanks.

iffi

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

sorry, the duration is just the difference between start and finish. There is no way to change this.

You are not interested in the duration (how long will it take to complete), but in the effort, this is just work. 32hrs are 4 days, so you can see it. You can change the units to be displayed in "File - Options - Schedule - Work is entered in" to see work in days:

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by imughal Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In Project Professional I have UAT stages which has two tasks each task on 1 day.

Task1   Start- 01-03-2019    End 02-03-2019

Task2   Start   15-03-2019   End 16-03-2019

Actually UAT stages 2 days activity but project professional show its 15 days task, pls guide how can i adjust this to show actual time.

Thanks.

iffi

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

duration is always the number of working days between start and finish.

Since you are asking for "activity", I assume you are more interested in "Work". This column is not displayed be default in Gantt Chart. Just add this column to your table (right mouse click on any column header - insert column - work).

Does that help?
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

i have add column work but it show 0 hrs. as actual duration for UAT is 04 days, but it showing 10 days. pls guide how to manage it and show actual time for task activity. Thanks

iffi

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

OK, I was not aware that you haven't assigned any resources. I you assign a resource, there will be work in this column and UAT will show the total work.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

I have add resource now work show hours, can we do something with duration as customer/end user mostly look at duration and will say 10 days where its 04 day job.

iffi

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

sorry, the duration is just the difference between start and finish. There is no way to change this.

You are not interested in the duration (how long will it take to complete), but in the effort, this is just work. 32hrs are 4 days, so you can see it. You can change the units to be displayed in "File - Options - Schedule - Work is entered in" to see work in days:

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by imughal Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:34 AM