keyboard problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have the latest chip and sofware, i have Windows 7 64bit but when i try to game my old keyboard gets confused w, a, s, and d  are the movement keys when I press w it  shows I pressed 1 when I press w again it it shows I pressed 2 ect.....I just built my computer, and I swiched key boards lots of times but this problem keeps happening please HELP!!!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:50 AM

Answers

• The keyboard will be recognized by the BIOS during POST and report or halt if there is an error or keyboard missing.

I would recommend that you shut down the computer and unplug the power supply(or switch it off) before changing keyboards.

Even if they are usb type connections, but especially a PS\2 connection, a hot swap is not a good idea.

Try the change powered off and reboot.

• Marked as answer by fasthunterX Friday, May 6, 2011 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that it is a hardware issue, please try to boot the computer in Safe Mode for a test.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:21 AM

All replies

• The keyboard will be recognized by the BIOS during POST and report or halt if there is an error or keyboard missing.

I would recommend that you shut down the computer and unplug the power supply(or switch it off) before changing keyboards.

Even if they are usb type connections, but especially a PS\2 connection, a hot swap is not a good idea.

Try the change powered off and reboot.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Good idea, but it still does the same thing I bought a usb keyboard and it did not make a differnce.

Is the BIOS seeing the keboard.

Friday, May 6, 2011 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that it is a hardware issue, please try to boot the computer in Safe Mode for a test.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:21 AM