VM networks - custom gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am using SCVMM 2012R2. I have created a VM network ex. 10.1.1.0/24. When I am configuring IP Pool there is no option to change a gateway to different IP address other than one ending with 1.

I would like to forward all traffic to specific VM machine which is connected to 2 networks (one virtualised and one directly to internet). I would like to grant this machine a role of gateway for all machines in virtualised network (10.1.1.0/24). I know that I can use NVGRE but I would like to test such scenario rather than mentioned before option.

Is there any way to apply above configuration with SCVMM ?

I am waiting for any suggestion from you.
    Thanks in advance for your support and advices.
    Friday, March 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

>>When I am configuring IP Pool there is no option to change a gateway to different IP address other than one ending with 1.

I assume that IP Pool is created during netowrk virtualization .

It is by design . The address  " .1 " is used for gateway  .

But if you just want to create a general VM (not Net Work Virtualization  ) , you can specify an ip for GW (I have tested in my lab -- vm created from vm template will get that GW IP):

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, March 25, 2016 7:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:10 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 3:44 PM