Event ID 0 from source .NET Runtime cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I run a third party application which collects window performance object/counters.  Up until 19th November, the application functioned normally. 

On 19th November, I note that KB3011780 was installed on my PC.  Since this was installed, I have not been able to run my third party application without it failing.

When I attempt to run the program, I note a .NETRuntime error with event ID0.  Here is the full text copied from the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID 0 from source .NET Runtime cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

CorperfmonExt!CollectCtrs caught exception c0000090

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

If I disable .Netframework (mscoree.dll) using the Extensible Counter program, I can then run my third party application.

Can anyone offer advice on tracking this down further / fixing the problem?  The same application on other Windows 7 PCs works fine.

Does anyone have similar experiences collecting performance data using third party apps?

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I re-enabled the .Netframework, uninstalled KB3011780 and found I could run the application.  I then reinstalled KB3011780 and found the application still ran. 

I assume that something went wrong with the original installation of  KB3011780 back on 19th November. 

Thanks for the note on the .Netframework repair tool.

Many thanks

Stuart 

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, December 29, 2014 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To further check whether it is KB3011780 that causes this issue, I suggest you uninstall the update, check the issue, reinstall the update, check the issue again.

Regarding to the .Netframework error, we have Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool avilable, please use the tool to fix the issue instead of disabling .Netframework.

Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is available

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I re-enabled the .Netframework, uninstalled KB3011780 and found I could run the application.  I then reinstalled KB3011780 and found the application still ran. 

I assume that something went wrong with the original installation of  KB3011780 back on 19th November. 

Thanks for the note on the .Netframework repair tool.

Many thanks

Stuart 

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, December 29, 2014 3:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:14 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to know that the application is functioning fine now, for the update in its first installation, we can check the %windir%\Windowsupdate.log for details.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:22 AM