none
App Bundles - check mark specific apps but everything else will also Install RRS feed

• Question

• We have just begun using MDT 2013 at work (never used anything like it before) and I was having some issues. I have it set so that when imaging a new computer with a fresh image I have the Applications Wizard appear with check boxes for what software to install. But no matter what I check, everything in all the bundles will install.

If I have a bundle with Office Pro and Stnd, Visio, and Project, I can check mark Office Stnd and Visio but I end up with both Offices and both Visio and Project installed on the system.

Any ideas of what might be done wrong? Any more information you might need?

Friday, August 26, 2016 1:00 PM

All replies

• Bundles are meant to install a suite of applications. Can you provide a URL link to your logs?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, August 26, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Since you're new you might find this guide helpful - http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/540/Building-a-Windows-10-v1607-reference-image-using-MDT-2013-Update-2

As for your bundle, do you mean application bundle? If so when you create an application bundle, you are the one choosing which applications (dependencies) are a part of that bundle. When you import Office an as application you should see a new tab in the properties within MDT called "Office Products". Use the Office Customization Tool to choose what you do and don't want to install.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, August 26, 2016 7:04 PM
  • It's also possible these apps could be installing if you have set them as mandatory applications.

Friday, August 26, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Actually I was trying to set up where the client would have a menu of different software to install and by check marking the boxes it would install only those apps. I get the menu with check boxes, as in the screenshot below, but no matter what I check, everything on the list installs.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Take a look at customsettings.ini to see if you have mandatory applications and take a look at your task sequence to see if these apps have been added directly to the task sequence.

What you are trying to do is how MDT functions by default.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:44 PM