none
Reinitialize Critical Section could not locate "Dynamic Link Library kernel32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my sysetm to windows 7 via the Microsoft store last January.  I just tryed to install Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 and got the error message in the above title.  I also ran a scan of Uniblue's Registry Boster V2010 which was no help at all. 

Is there a fix you can recommend?

Victor

Friday, August 6, 2010 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, Corel Video Studio Pro X3 is compatible with Windows 7. But you need to make sure that you have installed the latest service pack while running on Windows 7, you can download the service pack from the following link:

VideoStudio Pro X3

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

The error message indicates that the installation needs to initialize kernel32.dll file but windows fails to locate it. This can be caused by system file missing or corrupt. I suggest running command: SFC /SCANNOW to repair the system files.

If the issue persists, please perform an In-place Upgrade to replaces the system files.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:08 AM