none
Enterprise fields do not show totals on project professional reports RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project Professional 2010 with Project Server 2010. 

We have created a report in Project Professional that displays both enterprise fields and local fields.   The issue is that the report does not show totals for the enterprise fields.  The local numeric fields do show totals.  The enterprise fields are type number and are not formulas. 

Can anyone explain why this is happening, and if there is something that can be done (in project server or project professional) to allow enterprise numeric fields to show totals on Project Professional reports?

Thanks.

Thanks, Craig

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:19 PM

Answers

• Craig,

As I'm not sure what type of report is being pursued, I would say take a look at Visual Reports. It provides a way to add your own custom fields to the underlying data.

Treb Gatte

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:43 PM

All replies

• Craig,

Is this a Visual Reports report? If so, which one?

Thanks!

Treb Gatte

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Treb:

No.  They are just 'Reports'

Thanks, Craig

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:47 PM
  • Craig,

The Reports feature was developed before there was a Project Server product. It's possible that the two were never integrated.

What's the need you are attempting to address?

--Treb

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Treb:

If that is true, that is very disappointing. 

We have defined a set of enterprise fields, but each Project manager can create their own local custom fields.  We have a PM that has added several local custom fields and he would like a report that includes both enterprise fields and his local fields.

Thanks, Craig

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Craig,

As I'm not sure what type of report is being pursued, I would say take a look at Visual Reports. It provides a way to add your own custom fields to the underlying data.

Treb Gatte

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:43 PM