none
How to add new users in Project Permissions Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PWA site that I want to switch from SP Permissions Mode to Project Permissions mode (which is all new to me).  I am not sure if I go directly to Site Settings > People and Groups > Project Managers and add new users there, or if I should go to PWA Settings > Security heading > Manage User and add them there.  The Display Name and Email Address fields are inactive in the New User under PWA Settings (Security) so I don't even see how I can add them.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Monday, May 6, 2019 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

new users should be added in PWA Settings - Manage Users. You can also add them to the appropriate groups on the same screen.

Email address and name are disabled, since this information is retrieved automatically after entering the account.

Please note: At the top of the page you can define, if a user is also a resource.
    User: Allowed to login and work with the system
    Resource: Can be added to projects and assigned to tasks.

A user does not need to be a resource necessarily (e.g. members of management). A resource does not need to be a user. Your PMs may plan tasks for resources who will not be able to access the system.

But: You will not be able to disable the checkbox "Can be assigned as resource" later on. Once enabled, it is enabled.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:14 PM
  • I did figure it out by adding them in the User Authentication field of the New User form.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

new users should be added in PWA Settings - Manage Users. You can also add them to the appropriate groups on the same screen.

Email address and name are disabled, since this information is retrieved automatically after entering the account.

Please note: At the top of the page you can define, if a user is also a resource.
    User: Allowed to login and work with the system
    Resource: Can be added to projects and assigned to tasks.

A user does not need to be a resource necessarily (e.g. members of management). A resource does not need to be a user. Your PMs may plan tasks for resources who will not be able to access the system.

But: You will not be able to disable the checkbox "Can be assigned as resource" later on. Once enabled, it is enabled.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:14 PM
  • I did figure it out by adding them in the User Authentication field of the New User form.

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:23 PM