Caller ID not showing in toast or call window for certain users RRS feed

• Question

• We have some users that don't see the caller ID on an incoming call but it shows for other users.  It will just show wireless caller and no number but will show the number on someone else's toast. This happens for several users. I know that it is passing the number because in the call history it shows the number. Has anyone else ran into this or have an answer why?
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Kringer99,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did your issue happened on the SFB PSTN calls when using SFB client ? Could you provide a screenshot for us?

Based on your description, the issue just appeared on the specific users, so there may be something wrong with SFB client side.

Please test if the issue appeared on another normal computer.

Please make sure your SFB client with the latest update and try to clear the SFB cache files and test again.
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

You could also try to perform a clean boot on your computer.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 21, 2016 8:51 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 4:36 AM
  • Looks to be a client side related issue, as Alice was asking screen shot  if possible would be appreciated. Check  if you have the latest version of client in your machine , do a  reinsallation to check the behavior. Check the same user when logged in to a different machine is showing the numbers properly.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:27 PM
  • The other users that were having this issue are not anymore and was proven that it was a Telco issue of some sort.  So I only have one user at a different location having this issue and it is not the same as the others.  I uninstalled SFB and removed the cache SIP folder for him.  I re-installed and get the same result.  He is running on a windows 8.1 machine with Office 2013.  I will try to get a screen shot ASAP.  It is hard getting free time between us.  We will also try the clean boot.  I will also have someone else log into his computer and see if they experience the same issue.

Thanks.

Monday, November 21, 2016 4:23 PM
  • Hi Kringer99,

Thanks for your response.

Please try the clean boot and test if the issue persists.

If possible, please share the screenshot for us for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Friday, November 25, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Here is a screenshot.  I will try to clean boot after the weekend.  It has been difficult trying to work with the user over the Thanksgiving holidays.
    Friday, November 25, 2016 8:00 PM
  • Hi Kringer99,

Thanks for your response.

Please try to perform a clean boot and test again.

If any question, please feel free let me know.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Saturday, November 26, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Deleted
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:52 AM
  • It is a teamcall.  Can't call the user directly.  He doesn't have a DID.  We did put a desk phone between the network port and his computer and now it shows the caller ID on the computer toast.  He still uses his headset though.  Take the phone out of the mix and no caller ID in the toast. I am still confused why this is happening.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:29 PM