none
Project Server 2010 "Resource can logon to Project Server" will not stay unchecked RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please tell me how to uncheck the option for "Resource can logon to Project Server" and also delete the user account string in the "User logon account" field in Project Server 2010. Whenever I try to do this... after saving and going back into edit the resource the checkbox is still checked and "User logon account" field is still populated. We need this user to still be available as a resource and we also need the "About Project Server" information (Number of Active Project Server Users: and Number of Project Professional Users:) to be accurate for License True-up. Why would this not be allowed? It makes no sense.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:55 PM

All replies

• There are two ways in which your resource won't be counted on the "About Project Server". Either deactivate or remove the user from all of the groups. I think in your case both won't work. 

you should have created as resource(in resource center) rather than user. Once you tick the checkbox "Resource can logon to Project Server", resource is promoted to User. there is no way of going back.

If the user is not associated to time-sheets, probably inactivate the user(change the name with some prefix), create new resource with the same name.

(Since the person is not configured as user,  the user won't get notified of new assignments and couldn't submit their task updates or time-sheets. hope you are aware of it.)

Muniappan

Friday, June 30, 2017 4:31 PM
  • Muniappan,

Thanks for your response. The user in question was initially setup by my predecessor. The user was initially setup as a resource, then later given access to Project Server via the checkbox. I had already considered the options you discussed, but that would not allow for consolidated historical data for the resource/user in question. The contract we are utilizing Project Server 2010 for ends next February 2018, so I will probably just leave it as is. We are giving this particular user a license for Project 2007 instead of Project 2010 and they will not be trying to connect to Project Server 2010. We also do not have Project Server compatibility mode turned on so they will not be able to connect anyway. I am still a little perplexed as to why Microsoft would not allow this functionality in Project Server as we occasionally have users that no longer need access to Project Server, but still need to be available as an assignable resource for our other Project Manager users. Thanks again for your input.

Friday, June 30, 2017 6:04 PM