none
The procedure entry point NtCreateFile could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 2008 R2 64bit with HyperV running and one VM system running.  After a reboot this message came up and was referring to Google Toolbar - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point NtCreateFile could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.  I also can not open up IE due to this same message (even with Google disabled in the add-ons), but have found some interfaces also produce this error.  I am hoping I will not have run an OS repair and there is something else that can be done.  Any thoughts?
    Monday, July 19, 2010 11:36 PM

Answers

• Hi tngnc  ,

Thanks for posting here.

According your situation , I think this issue may cause because file ntdll.dll damaged.

To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:

Method 1: Replace the file with an appropriate Windows 2008 version of the file ntdll.dll and copy it to the %systemroot%\system32  folder.

NOTE: Windows File Protection will attempt to replace the deleted file so make sure the version of ntdll.dll in the %systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder is the correct version.

Method 2: You can also run the following command to start Windows File Protection and copy back the file:

sfc /scannow

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:33 AM