none
Pie Chart - Actual duration vs. remaining duration - Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a pie chart showing actual duration vs remaining duration.  This is inspired by a custom report that I downloaded here: https://www.mpug.com/articles/custom-visual-reports-project-2013-2016/.  In the second report, schedule summary, I want to convert the bottom-right graphic to a pie chart.  Ideally it would show both days and percentages.  Is that possible?  I'm in Project 2013.  Thanks!
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:56 PM

All replies

• Bump.  Any ideas on how to accomplish something similar?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:33 PM
  • Oddly I couldn’t manage to get a pie chart with only the actual and remaining work. I’ll have to add some other dimensions such as resources or tasks. Which makes sense because just the remaining versus actual work doesn’t bring much information. That being said, you can always display thus information in a bar chart.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Thanks, Guillaume.  I'm finding it quite difficult to understand the different fields available.  How would you go about presenting a pie chart view of the amount of work that's been completed relative to the amount remaining?  My project plans do not include resource information.  They do include tasks, but I'm not sure how helpful that is in a pie chart format.

If that's not possible, I appreciate the advice on just using a bar chart.  I see that I can add data labels for days to the previously referenced graphic, and that may work as well.  Thank you!

• Edited by Panda4000 Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:08 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:05 PM
  • First question: if you don’t have resources, you probably don’t have any work either, but only durations on tasks.

Thus you could have some graphs based on the durations, such as below (available with MS Project 2013+):

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:23 PM