none
12.0.0.1 not working after IE10 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After upgrade IE 8 to IE10 web applicaton which is loading by 127.0.0.1 address on workstations with Windows 7 not working and loading very long with no errors.
    When I press F5 application run ok.
    This scenario repeats every time during run this web application.
    "Telnet localhost 80" works fine every time and I get then html code in result.
    Application works fine with ip address from network card but another application required to run this with 127.0.0.1 so I have to use loopback.
    When I add entry to hosts like this "X.X.X.X 127.0.0.1" then works fine.
    After install fiddler to try debug problem I saw that it's not occur.

I check IE protected mode, security, proxy  etc and and not found solution. Someone can help me?

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

File>Properties menu to find out which IE security zone it is mapped to.

then Tools>Internet Options>Security tab,

1. click "reset all zones to default" (there is a security zone setting for redirects)

2. Intranet sites>adjust your autodetect settings.... eg. If you want to map localhost to the intranet zone check "Include all local network sites not listed in other zones"

also see if 127.0.0.1 is already listed in the intranet zone from the Advanced button on the Intranet zone tab.

3. Observe your company settings for Tools>Compatibility view settings>"Display intranet sites in compatibility view".... depending on your company's policies, they may be using Enterprise Mode or Modern web standards and require new software development to comply with modern standards and not to use Compatibility View (IE7 emulation)

use the f12>Emulation tab of the dev tool to find out how and which emulation mode your localhost domain is currently set....

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:03 AM
  • Thanks for reply...I check all you write before my post and after your sugestions I check these one more time. I couldn't find solution...

I don't know why after install fiddler app problem not occur. Fiddler works like a proxy but why then this works I don't know.

Regards.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:43 AM
  • Hi Damian Garbus,

Based on your description, it seems that 127.0.0.1 isn't listed in the intranet zone. Have you check it? If not, please try it.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:33 AM
  • I check and 127.0.0.1 is listed in the intranet zone. I'm sure... :)
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:28 PM
  • Hi Damian Garbus,

It seems that there is something wrong with IE10, we may try to reset IE to see if it helps.

How to reset IE settings:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 28, 2016 1:25 AM