Result is blank after processing the cube RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a cube, for the first time when I created it all went fine, and the result were good. But when I made a change in the DataSourceView, as one of the field was missing in the Fact table in datasourceview, I have just right clicked on the Fact table in datasourceview and make sure that the column is there in the table.

After that when I processed the cube I dont see the results its all blank. Can anyone let me know where is the mistake I'm doing.

If I explore data of Fact table I can see the data, but after processing the cube I don't see the results in the mesaures. It's all blank.

• Edited by K.Kalyan Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:47 PM edit
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• Check the Impersonation Info tab for your Data Source.

What is it using ?

Try "Use a specific Windows username and password", enter your user credentials, save and reprocess.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:17 PM
  • We have a similar issue recently for a dimension attribute. The value was coming blank and explore data did show the values. We dropped the dimension and recreated it and it worked. May be you can do the same. 

Looks like sometime, the XMLA does not form properly....Did not yet dig into it deeply as we had some other critical task and since it worked left it there...

vinu
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:31 PM

All replies

• 1. confirm it's pointing at the correct data source

2. refresh the data source view

3. capture the sql query being executed to confirm the expected table is being queried

4. if manually processing the cube, see how many rows are processed and compare that against the table

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:18 PM
  • 3. capture the sql query being executed to confirm the expected table is being queried

--- This is executing but throwing an error of Out of Memory

And I have created the Cube from skrach, everything processed and I can see the results, when I'm reporcessing for the second time, its not showing the results. The measure are blank.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Try Unprocess then ProcessFull.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:19 PM
  • tried but no result
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Check the Impersonation Info tab for your Data Source.

What is it using ?

Try "Use a specific Windows username and password", enter your user credentials, save and reprocess.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:17 PM
  • We have a similar issue recently for a dimension attribute. The value was coming blank and explore data did show the values. We dropped the dimension and recreated it and it worked. May be you can do the same. 

Looks like sometime, the XMLA does not form properly....Did not yet dig into it deeply as we had some other critical task and since it worked left it there...

vinu
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:31 PM