none
How to allow a specific user inside an Oragnisational unit (OU) to run/install apps without admin password prompt #Windows_server_2008_r2?

Question

• Hey Guy's Have a good day.

one of the user between two  inside an OU  can install any apps without administrator password but inside the same OU the other user who can only install some specific app not all apps . so How can i allow that specific user inside that Oragnisational unit (OU) to run/install apps without admin password ? Can anyone help me ? Thanks

Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:55 AM

All replies

• Am 18.12.2016 um 06:55 schrieb khan_F:
    > How can i allow that specific user inside that Oragnisational unit
    > (OU) to run/install apps without admin password

Make him member of the locak Administrators group on the specific machine.

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Group Policy - Cloud and Datacenter Management

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

Sunday, December 18, 2016 3:41 PM
  • Hi,
    Agree with Mark, you could use group policy to add users into local admin group for a specific server, here is a detail step-by-step article, you could follow it to have a try:
    Adding Domain Users To The Local Administrators Group Using Group Policy
    https://richardstk.com/2013/11/26/adding-domain-users-to-the-local-administrators-group-using-group-policy/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:07 AM