Why does it keep going full screen when I touch the title bar RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and it has developed a problem where if I try t move a window by holding down on the left mouse in the title bar it goes full screen (most of the time). In Visual Studio 2010 when I try to move a control on a windows form it responds like I double clicked it and takes me into the event code.

I'm up to date on updates and virus protection.

How do I fix this, it's driving me nuts!!

Thanks,

Vic

Visual Basic; Access; PHP; SQL Server; MySQL Developer
    Monday, October 24, 2011 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi VicSpain,

It seems your mouse got some issue. Test it on another computer. I also suggest you change a new one.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by VicSpain Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi VicSpain,

Clean Boot the computer and see the result.

Update your mouse driver to the latest one and use it on another computer see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:25 AM
  • This may be caused either due to a slower double-click speed or if you have enabled click-lock. Please follow the screenshot below and ensure the settings shown here reflect those on your computer:

Please revert back here if this does not resolve your issue. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | I'm on facebook.com/serverbaba | RIP Steve Jobs
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by VicSpain Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Server Baba,

Well this may have resolved it.  I had attempted to turn on ClickLock attempting to correct it and I had left it on as it didn't seem to make a difference.  At the time I didn't mess with the double click speed (don't ask me why) but now I've turned off ClickLock and slowed down the double click speed and it seems to be working much better.

I'm not going to mark this as answered yet and I'll monitor it for a few days and see how it goes.

Thank you so much,

Vic

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Well it seemed to work but it is still failing.  When it is consistently failing I can use the right mouse (like I'm trying to move it) then when I switch back to the left mouse< I'm able to move the window without it going full screen.

Another clue is I can remotely connected to another computer and I experience the same problems on that machine.

Do I have a bad mouse?  It is a Logitech and I do have the latest driver and new batteries.

Vic

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:28 AM
  • Hi VicSpain,

It seems your mouse got some issue. Test it on another computer. I also suggest you change a new one.

Regards,

Miya

• Marked as answer by VicSpain Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:22 AM
  • yep, it's the mouse.  Plugged it in to my laptop and same problem exists.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:23 PM