Update RRS feed

• Question

• I have loaded the trial version of Windows 7 Ultimate and find that I will not need that version. When I upgrade, can I go back to home Premium?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:16 AM

Answers

• Unless you alter the install disk Windows 7 final release will not upgrade install over the top of a Windows 7 RC install.  If you do alter the install disk you cannot upgrade install to Home Premium over the top of an Ultimate install.  So no.  You cannot do what you suggest.

A clean install is required.  When performing a clean install you can use whichever Windows 7 version you choose to purchase! 

If you do not own a 'qualifying' older version license for the machine then you must purchase and use a 'full' license copy of windows 7.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:30 AM

All replies

• Unless you alter the install disk Windows 7 final release will not upgrade install over the top of a Windows 7 RC install.  If you do alter the install disk you cannot upgrade install to Home Premium over the top of an Ultimate install.  So no.  You cannot do what you suggest.

A clean install is required.  When performing a clean install you can use whichever Windows 7 version you choose to purchase! 

If you do not own a 'qualifying' older version license for the machine then you must purchase and use a 'full' license copy of windows 7.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:30 AM
  • If you have a full Windows 7 Home Premium installation disk, we can use it to go back with a clean install.

Monday, November 2, 2009 4:36 AM