none
DPM-to-DPM replication - How? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DPM 2010 server (\\DPM101) merrily backing up a whole bunch of stuff. Today I put online another DPM 2010 server (\\DPM01) in an offsite location which has storage and a tape, and wish to use the vaunted DPM-to-DPM replication feature to replicate \\DPM101 to \\DPM01 then copy the replicated data to tape.

Thing is, I can't see any options to enable this server to server replica... can someone give me a pointer?

Thanks.

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Peter,

You want to set up a secondary DPM server to protect the primary. Details can be found here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff634186.aspx

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Please go through the above article, most importantly the requirements, both DPM server's domains should have full trust to each other. If you don't have any VPN/network that connects two DPM servers(just like they are next to each other in a LAN/WAN), you might have to setup the VPN/Network to meet the network requirement. If you setup any firewall between those two DPM servers, you should also look at the DPM firewall requirement to connect two DPM servers.

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:41 PM
  • I currently have DPM replicating to another location. I want those to be seperate now, leaving all the recovery points on the replicated server, but re-doing the entire primary server. How do I turn off the replication from the main to the secondary leaving the secondary in tact with all the data and recovery points?
    Monday, January 9, 2012 3:35 PM