none
Lost Project Site Permissions in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have run into an issues where some of our Project Managers have lost access to some of their project sites.  I'm assuming that this resulted from an A/D sync issue.  But now I need to know how do I get these permission reset?

Thanks,

Todd

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Todd,

Are you using the Project Server permission mode?

In the server settings, are the PWA users automatically sync with Project sites?

Try to publish again the project plan, so the project permissions will be applied again to the project site.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:10 PM
  • To initiate root site sync job , remove one PM from PWA security group, save and once again add the same user back in the same group

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:53 PM
  • Thanks for the options guys, but neither has helped. Even after re-publishing and deleting and re-establishing groups the PMs can still not access their sites.

Todd

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:08 PM
  • Are the Project Managers part of more than one PWA groups? We will have to check  the category permission for the PM's to understand the issue better.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:05 PM
  • No, the PMs are only part of the PM group.    All PMs have 'My Projects' and 'My Organization' categories. Permissions are set to 'Allow' for 'View Project Site' for both categories.

It appears that when a PM publishes their schedule they will lose the permission to further view their site.

Todd

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:46 PM
  • It ends up that it was indeed related to our A/D sync issue.  Once we removed the users in the A/D group that was causing the sync to fail the permissions were re-applied to the Project Managers and they were once again able to access their project sites.

Todd
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:53 PM