Blue screen error message RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I try to shut down my computer it goes to a blue screen error it comes up so fast i cant read it all and it just restarts it will not turn off. I have a acer comp with vista does anyone no how to get it to turn off with out having to manuelly turn it off? PLEASE HELP
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:22 AM

Answers

• If you hit the key (usually F8) when the computer is booting up, to get into the 'Advanced Boot Options' & select 'Disable automatic restart of system, failure,' the next time the blue screen error shows up, the computer will stop on that screen. If you can copy down what is on the screen, it would make it easier to determine what the problem is  how to fix

It will not help you turn off the machine automatically right away, but once problem is fixed, it should be able to shut down properly.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:41 PM

All replies

• If you hit the key (usually F8) when the computer is booting up, to get into the 'Advanced Boot Options' & select 'Disable automatic restart of system, failure,' the next time the blue screen error shows up, the computer will stop on that screen. If you can copy down what is on the screen, it would make it easier to determine what the problem is  how to fix

It will not help you turn off the machine automatically right away, but once problem is fixed, it should be able to shut down properly.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:41 PM
  • I am having the same problem, blue scree after turn off computer, and it doesnt say much about the problem only IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP, I noticed it started after installing an automatic windows update, but I can find where to uninstall it.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 7:00 PM
  • I called the place where I bought my computer and they told me too put the back up disk i made back int o the computer shut down then start your comp hit f12 till you get to the boot menu and the go to install from cddrive and reinstall your disk it will bring you back to when you first bought your computer before it start this blue screen error thing. Make sure to save information from your comp befor you do this because it will erase everything and then you will not have the blue screen error anymore i did that and i have not gotten blue screen error anymore
    Friday, April 13, 2007 8:39 PM
  • found a simple way to do things, and have done some home work.  I found out that most of the systems that are having problems with Vista are not realy Vista ready.   I have a laptop that was not build for Vista I have installed Vista premium edition on it. With the help of the guys at Munksupport Their service is free just clcik on th elive help sign on the right.

But here. all we have to do is get standard hardware devices, most of the newer hardware devices are not ready and if you are going use brand new hardware devices, get ready for a lot of hard work. I use to have problem with application not working properly, as The guys at MunkSupport proved, the older hardware devices that you are able to find drivers for under XP, that worked will work under Vista.

If you are not able to configure an XP system by going to the manufactures website and downloading and having that device running under XP forget trying to run Vista on that device. Most of these new devices will wirk well under XP because XP have drivers for thsoe devices in its drivers folder, C:\windows\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab. Most device drivers are found their, that's why when you install some devices you do not need to install the drivers for it. Windows will find the device and install it for you.

The disk tha came with the device are often time updated drivers that ad functionallity to the device. For Vista they are not ready, that why we are having so many problems, their are confliting applications, and no one was ready for Vista release.  Older hardware may give you a slower performance but they  are the working ones.

When you install Vista, it reorders the driver.cab folder, they calle it the driver store now. and most of the support for thsoe drivers are not in that store for the newer devices. also due to the great amount of security they place it this Vista system, Most drivers wont work. Here is why

Most drivers will try to write in the Kernel area are RAM directly, But Vista have no heart for that, that's why everything you do under Vista you get that popup that asked you if you want to continue.

Simple, If you can configure the device to work and run undeer Xp chances are it will work under Vista.

To test this out her is what you do.     Under XP remove the drivers for your hardware devices except for your video and Network adapter, make sure you have backup. Visit the manufacturers website download the drivers and setup each device, after yo have down so get a windows update and see if thsoe devices still work. then install SP2 and use the system fro a few days, then install all of windows updates. see if any device fails, or if you run into any aspplication poblems, if so run another windows update, sometime updates mess upi your system. take note of everything you do then upgrade to Vista. If all things work out well

for information visit Munsupport.com, and ask thsoe guys they know their stuff. Some things may take a while to solve, but it's

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:18 PM