NEW HP DV2000T CONEXANT HIGH DEF 221 MICROPHONE PROBLEMS! RRS feed

• Question

• i have an hp dv2000t pavillion with an internal mic and it isnt even a year old. my audio sounds are working fine and so WAS my internal mic in the beginning. then i got  logitech clearchat headphones with a mic...they work fine. but when i take them out and try use my internal conexant  high def microphone now....i cant record anything and my boyfriend cant hear me through skype. if ANYONE has any suggestions....please give them to me!i have checked EVERYTHING under the sun and i am soooooo frustrated and i REALLY dont want to send it in for repair or call service to be put hold or talk to s/o i cant understand...

thanks

Saturday, July 19, 2008 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Let’s check the microphone settings:

1.Right-click on the speaker icon on the system tray.

2.Select "Recording Devices".

3.In the resulting dialog, ensure that the "Recording" tab is selected.

4.Please set “Microphone” as a Default device.

5.Then, please view Microphone properties.

6.Please modify the settings under “Levels” tab.

7.Under “Advanced” tab, please check the following options:

Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device

Give exclusive mode applications priority

8.Please apply the settings.

9.Then, please test your microphone again.

Hope it helps. 

Monday, July 21, 2008 9:06 AM
  • No it didn't work. I have tried all of that also, as well as reinstalling drivers, updating drivers even though don't need it, have ran numerous diagnostics and even they report that the microphone input is weak but do not have a reason. I actually just restored my computer, before my warranty is up and HP won't do anything about it, and it STILL won't work. I will probably send it in eventually. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it.

Brooke
    Monday, November 10, 2008 1:26 AM