none
GPP mont drives doesn't work / Windows 10

Question

• Hey,

System Windows 10, 10586.318

I have policy with GPP settings for map network drives. It works for me when i login on PC with windows 7 or server 2008 R2.

Problem is on Windows 10. All my colleges in dpt. has the same problem.

I find that problem could be fast boot. So I've disabled, but problem still occurs. I can add manually, but i don't have someting like it.

Friday, May 13, 2016 9:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The solution to this problem is disabling fast logon optimization with another GPO. You can find this setting under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon. Here, you can enable “Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon”. This could potentially increase the time it takes for your computers to log on, but it will also ensure that group policy gets its chance to be applied.

More articles for your reference:

Understand the Effect of Fast Logon Optimization and Fast Startup on Group Policy

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj573586.aspx

Control How Group Policy Is Applied At Logon

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg486839.aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 16, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:37 AM
  • I move it to container with computers and it started works for windows 10 users. Hymmmm.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that you have solved this issue by yourself. In addition, thanks for sharing your solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:03 AM