Export Approuved Update from old server WSUS to the new WSUS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to export all update approuved from one old WSUS server  to one  new WSUS server ?

Can you help me please ?

Best Regard

• Edited by Admin- Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:30 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>I want to export all update approuved from one old WSUS server  to one  new WSUS server ?

There are three steps to exporting and then importing updates:

1. Make sure that the options for express installation files and update languages on the exporting server are compatible with the settings on the importing server. This ensures that you collect the updates you intend to distribute.
    2. Copy updates from the file system of the export server to the file system of the import server.
    3. Export update metadata from the database on the export server, and import it into the database on the import server. The last section explains how to import exported updates to a replica server

Here is the official solution:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720486(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I want to export all update approuved from one old WSUS server  to one  new WSUS server ?

There are three steps to exporting and then importing updates:

1. Make sure that the options for express installation files and update languages on the exporting server are compatible with the settings on the importing server. This ensures that you collect the updates you intend to distribute.
    2. Copy updates from the file system of the export server to the file system of the import server.
    3. Export update metadata from the database on the export server, and import it into the database on the import server. The last section explains how to import exported updates to a replica server

Here is the official solution:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720486(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your respond, but i want to export just the list of approuved updates and i don't want to export the binary files ?

Best Regards,

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

>>but i want to export just the list of approuved updates and i don't want to export the binary files?

Just export and import the metadata. If the content folder hase been exported and imported, the new WSUS server will download the approved update according to the metadata.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:57 AM