Agent installation on Linux V5 machines (RHEL V5) RRS feed

• Question

• Team

We are on SCOM 2012 R2 UR9 and having issues while deploying agents to Linux servers V5 and below. All agents with V6 and above got successfully installed. We tried 2 options

Tried to create Local account for V5 machines - result -> Agent installation is successful, however the server gets in to "Unknown" group and grayed out mode.

Tried all options from -

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/scxplat/2010/06/10/troubleshooting-cross-platform-discovery-and-agent-installation-part-4/

Any thoughts on how to deploy agents on these RHEL V5 machines?

regards

Guru

Gururaj Pai

Monday, May 16, 2016 7:15 PM

Answers

• Thanks Steve

Since the account I created was local account on Linux box, I was getting Access denied. The action account was a domain account though I entered local account while agent discovery and deployment wizard.

Solution-

I created 2 separate accounts for Linux V5 management. 1. Linux V5 Monitoring account and 2.Linux V5 Maintenance account.

In below Run as Profiles for Unix -

1.UNIX/Linux Action Account

2. UNIX/Linux Agent Maintenance Account

Add the respective monitoring and maintenance accounts for the computer objects post agent deployment.

Then, the agent will turn into grayed out state (in unknown category) to V5 category.

Hope this solution will help someone in future.

Cheers

Guru

Gururaj Pai

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:23 AM

All replies

• Guru,

Can you share the error you are getting when you are installing the agents? Is port 1270 open on all systems you are trying to install the agents on?

Regards,

-Steve

Monday, May 16, 2016 8:16 PM
  • Thanks Steve

Since the account I created was local account on Linux box, I was getting Access denied. The action account was a domain account though I entered local account while agent discovery and deployment wizard.

Solution-

I created 2 separate accounts for Linux V5 management. 1. Linux V5 Monitoring account and 2.Linux V5 Maintenance account.

In below Run as Profiles for Unix -

1.UNIX/Linux Action Account

2. UNIX/Linux Agent Maintenance Account

Add the respective monitoring and maintenance accounts for the computer objects post agent deployment.

Then, the agent will turn into grayed out state (in unknown category) to V5 category.

Hope this solution will help someone in future.

Cheers

Guru

Gururaj Pai

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:23 AM