How to find the webpart if I have its guid in SharePoint 2007? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use MOSS 2007.

I have GUIDs of a couple of web parts, I need to find out which web parts do they refer to? Any help on how can I do this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Moved by Pratik Vyas Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:57 AM SharePoint 2007 (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operations)
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to get web part name using GUID. Here is a stsadm command which can get you all the web parts: stsadm -o enumallwebs –includewebparts. You can save the results in a txt file on local driver like this : stsadm -o enumallwebs –includewebparts >c:\results.txt

Then you can use the GUID to search the results.txt file to find the web part.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want to get web part name using GUID. Here is a stsadm command which can get you all the web parts: stsadm -o enumallwebs –includewebparts. You can save the results in a txt file on local driver like this : stsadm -o enumallwebs –includewebparts >c:\results.txt

Then you can use the GUID to search the results.txt file to find the web part.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:10 AM
  • This doesn't always work unfortunately - I only got information about Id, Coun and Status which isn't really helpful...
    Friday, August 9, 2013 1:53 PM