none
Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently purchased a Surface Pro & am slowly getting to grips with it. One issue I am having is that when I open Outlook from Internet Explorer, I get a band along the bottom suggesting that I set up outlook on my mobile with a button giving the options of close or setup. When I close Outlook & reopen it, the next time I get one asking me to connect to social networks like facebook, connect or close.

My question is, how do I stop these from appearing? I already have this on my phone & do not use social networks.

Friday, January 30, 2015 10:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I made a test in my system, Once I choose to close the prompt about connecting to social networks like facebook, etc. It won't appear when I reopen outlook.com the next time. You can follow my experience to have a try.

On the other hand, since this problem is relate with outlook.com, it would be better to contace outlook support for further assistance:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/outlook-help

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Hangman3 Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:43 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I made a test in my system, Once I choose to close the prompt about connecting to social networks like facebook, etc. It won't appear when I reopen outlook.com the next time. You can follow my experience to have a try.

On the other hand, since this problem is relate with outlook.com, it would be better to contace outlook support for further assistance:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/outlook-help

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Hangman3 Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:43 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 7:01 AM
  • I did try this first but it kept coming back. Oddly enough, I have just opened it again & the issue seems to have cleared, I will see over the next few days & see if the issue returns.
    Monday, February 2, 2015 9:35 AM