INSTALLATION SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning everyone,

My name is Hermann and as part of a business project, I need to deploy skype for business server 2019 .

My questions are:

1/ edgepool is necessary for a totaly deploy skype for business server ???

2/ please can you provide me a good method(link) for edgepool deploy ???

3/ please can you provide me a good method(link) for public dns setting for skype for bussiness ???

Thank you for helping me, I would appreciate your prompt response.

Sunday, August 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi NZHP!

1/ edgepool is necessary for a totaly deploy skype for business server ???

It’s necessary if you need external users who aren’t logged into your organization’s internal network to be able to interact with internal users.

2/ please can you provide me a good method(link) for edgepool deploy ???

You can learn how to deply edge pool in Skype for Business Server from this link:

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/03/skype-for-business-2015-edge-pool-deployment/

3/ please can you provide me a good method(link) for public dns setting for skype for bussiness ???

If you want to know DNS settings for Skype for Business, please refer to:

https://itgala.xyz/understanding-skype-for-business-dns-records-and-autoconfiguration/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

This  Skype for Business Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Yang

Skype for Business forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, August 10, 2020 8:06 AM