No Audio Device Installed...Different from the others... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, let me get straight down to my problem....

I have Toshiba Satellite L305-S5921 and a few days ago i was watching an movie online i think it was through DivX,
    all of a sudden it froze and after that my sounds has that dreaded "X" over it saying "No Audio Device Installed" ive tried almost everything but the bigger problem is that in my device manager the Sound, video & game controllers tab is missing its like my computer absolutely forget it had any sound at all im completely lost and dont know what to do , and its really important i need sounds because im studying overseas and i talk with my parents through skype..... any1's help will be much much appreciated

Another little syptom is that whenever my computer goes into sleep mode the computer would turn on but the screen would fail to. hope that helps in diagnosing the problem
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Regarding this issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Download the latest sound driver and install, you can download it in the following Toshiba Site.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2226347&rpn=PSLB8U&modelFilter=L305-S5921&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

If the issue persists after installing the Audio driver, please continue the step.

2.     Fix registry by copying the following entries from another available computer.

a)     Boot in another available computer and press WIN + R to open a Run window.

b)     Type in regedit and hit Enter.

c)     Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Note: there are several items in the same path, please select the one with the default data "Sound, video and game controllers".

d)     Export the items to 1.reg file and copy to your computer.

e)     Open Regedit Editor and import 1.reg file.

f)      Restart the computer.

3.     Boot in BIOS to check if Sound is turned on in Intergrated Device or LegacySelect Options.

a)     Restart the computer and press F2 or Del to boot in BIOS.

b)     Find Sound option and turn it on.

c)     Save changes and restart.

4.     There also might be related to hardware defect, you may contact hardware manufacturer for support.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:25 AM