Change your color scheme RRS feed

• Question

• In the "Change your color scheme" menu, I am unable to select any of the options or click OK/Cancel. The only thing I am able to do is move the arrows for intensity, color and so on. The only thing that actually works is when I X out of the menu all together.
    Monday, June 12, 2006 3:24 AM

Answers

• Nevermind... Just found out that it is because i not have pixel shader 2.0 on my graphics card.
    Monday, June 12, 2006 12:11 PM

All replies

• I am experiencing something similar. I do have a glassy sidebar,but when I go to visual apperance, I do have the opportunity to change my color sheme including the enabling transparent glass and intensity, but it just doesent work. When I for example choose the aero sheme and enable transparent glass on full intensity, I get a black color with some diagonal stripe effects on moving but no glassiness.
    Monday, June 12, 2006 10:11 AM
  • Nevermind... Just found out that it is because i not have pixel shader 2.0 on my graphics card.
    Monday, June 12, 2006 12:11 PM
  • Niche Vista: Use the Device Manager or Windows Update to ensure you are running the latest drivers for your video card. If you are, and are still having this same problem, please file a bug using the Microsoft Beta Client application. This will send hardware information necessary for troubleshooting the problem.

You can download the Microsoft Beta Client from the following URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=43655

Thanks!

Edit: Moving this to the Desktop UI forum.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:25 PM
  • hey man i have the same issue, will let me select a few things, then i click ok and it doesnt work, then i hold enter and the exploerer restarts, did u get to fixed it? thanks man
    Saturday, July 8, 2006 4:28 PM
  •  

Hey my beta just came with one theme with windows vista basic, is there anyway to get more themes?

another quick ques i have a pentium 4 intel processor with 2.0 ghz and 128 video card, and i noticed that iwhen i nstalled vista, it kinda made my pc kinda slow, its takes a while for things to load, is it becuase of my processor, or is that how the beta is? Im running Vista Beta 2.

Thanks for your time

Saturday, July 8, 2006 4:37 PM
  • in the meantime i reinstalled my vista by downloading the iso again and choosing upgrade. now with the default microsoft drivers i get to use all features of aero. works perfect.
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:58 PM
  •  Niche Vista wrote:
    In the "Change your color scheme" menu, I am unable to select any of the options or click OK/Cancel. The only thing I am able to do is move the arrows for intensity, color and so on. The only thing that actually works is when I X out of the menu all together.
    Saturday, November 11, 2006 6:36 AM