none
Unable to install NetDvrPlugin.exe using explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed a standalone DVR and when accessing it via its IP address IE asks me to download and install plug in (NetDvrPlugin.exe) .. when I do this I restart IE , but t still asks for the plug in each time ? I have also tried restarting the pc and the problem is the same ..... If I download the NetDvrPlugin.exe to the desktop the DVR can be seen , but it should install itself into IE as requested ..... any ideas how this problem can be solved ? It used to be fine in the older versions of IE  any help appreciated kind regards Paul  quovadisuk  at aol . com

Sunday, February 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you did not mention your IE version or the bitness of Plugin...

Tools>Manage Addons>Show all addons.... double click on the plugin/addon to display it publisher and GUID.

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Allow active content to run in CD's'

(REBOOT your computer for the FULL changes to take place)..

content using the file protocol is mapped to the internet zone.... IE has security settings preventing navigation to content of lower integrity.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, February 9, 2015 1:06 AM