none
Resource engagement in project online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I was wondering if I can manage the resource engagement process only from project online without the intervention of project pro ?

Regards Yasmeen Zada

Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Yasmeen,

Yes resource engagements can be used from PWA in the resource center to create, approve, reject, update engagements, without using MS Project.

That being said, for PMs, it would be more practical to use MS Project to create engagements.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:21 PM
  • Yasmeen --

The problem with creating a Resource Engagement from PWA is that the engagement is automatically approved, so I doubt that would be much help to you.  In addition, members of the Project Managers group DO NOT have permissions to create Resource Engagements from PWA anyway, so you would have to change permissions settings to even allow your PMs to create Resource Engagements in PWA.

If you absolutely do want your PMs to create Resource Engagements using PWA, you should contact Projectum about their Team Planner app.  You can learn about this app at:

https://projectum.com/products/add-ins/team-planner/

Please note that I DO NOT work for Projectum.  Our company uses their app, so I can recommend it to you.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:06 PM