can't uninstall SCSM portal, SO can't install UR 8 RRS feed

• Question

• ok so we have UR 8 and I'm ready to install so I go to uninstall SCSM portal and I get this error.

and when I click ok I get this error

so the EVENT viewer gives me this which is a little better. I guess some where my SQL server is wrong so I geuss theres a key I should update.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:51 PM

Answers

• so we just turned the 2 old servers off and even though the uninstall of the old portal failed. the new portal is running fine.  (I guess the service manager data base doesn't hold anything to important with the old SCSM portal)

we had to do some configuring to get past the 3 time prompt for creds, but that turned out to be an IIS setting "useAppPoolCredentials" and then configuring out TMG server to just pass through the credentials so it wasn't sending anonymous.

• Marked as answer by philipzempel Friday, April 29, 2016 2:12 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, you are trying to uninstall SharePoint self-service portal.

If the portal is installed on your management server, then it becomes intertwined and you cannot uninstall without removing the whole of Service Manager.

Here is a blog about how to “fast remove” SMPortal from management server, you may refer to it:

http://blog.scsmsolutions.com/2014/03/how-to-fast-remove-smportal-from-management-server/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Hello,

Based on my understanding, you are trying to uninstall SharePoint self-service portal.

If the portal is installed on your management server, then it becomes intertwined and you cannot uninstall without removing the whole of Service Manager.

Here is a blog about how to “fast remove” SMPortal from management server, you may refer to it:

http://blog.scsmsolutions.com/2014/03/how-to-fast-remove-smportal-from-management-server/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

nope, our portal is on two completely separate servers. there is nothing but the portal installed on them. the stuff you get from Bing/Google searches works fine for reinstalling how ever I don't want to re-install as we are going to UR8, so I need to update the service manager database and let it know we aren't using the old portal. the only way to do that is to uninstall it. which we can't cause of these stupid errors.
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:31 PM
  • so we just turned the 2 old servers off and even though the uninstall of the old portal failed. the new portal is running fine.  (I guess the service manager data base doesn't hold anything to important with the old SCSM portal)

we had to do some configuring to get past the 3 time prompt for creds, but that turned out to be an IIS setting "useAppPoolCredentials" and then configuring out TMG server to just pass through the credentials so it wasn't sending anonymous.

• Marked as answer by philipzempel Friday, April 29, 2016 2:12 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 2:12 PM