How to move skype for business user data from a skype for business pool AD to another AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a skype for Business environment in active directory domaina.local 

Now I have build a new Skype for Business pool in a new domain domainb.local

I have created a new user in domeinb.local with the same sip address which it had in domaina.local. All other attributes are new

I created a userdata export file. copied the file to the new Skype server and did an Import. I can see that it reads the file, finds the user but than I see that the user is skipped due to a filter.

Is there a way to move the userdata to a new domain, and if so, what field is used to match the users in both domains

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on your description, I understand that you want to move users from domaina.local to domainb.local, but when you export the user data, you can’t export it successfully.

In my opinion, you could use Export-CsUserData command to export users,  please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204897.aspx

Moreover, if possible, please provide the error messages or screenshot for us.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 31, 2017 9:04 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hello Alice.

I have used the import and export-csuserdata.

See results. (I have test this with one account, I can see the data in the zip/XML file)

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-CsUserData -FileName c:\backup\exportuser.zip -UserFilter "frank.verharen@kpn.com" -Verbo
    se -force -Identity "userdatabase:s4b1-fe2.lab1.local"
    VERBOSE: Resolving user frank.verharen@kpn.com in Active Directory.
    VERBOSE: Importing into BLOB store for pool s4b1-fe2.lab1.local.
    VERBOSE: Opening file c:\backup\exportuser.zip.
    VERBOSE: Opening file C:\Users\877560a\AppData\Local\DbImpExpImport.Zip.
    VERBOSE: Processing input file c:\backup\exportuser.zip.
    VERBOSE: Import of User urn:confs:frank.verharen@kpn.com is skipped due to Filter.
    VERBOSE: Import of User urn:hcd:frank.verharen@kpn.com is skipped due to Filter.
    VERBOSE: Import of User urn:lcd:frank.verharen@kpn.com is skipped due to Filter.
    VERBOSE: Import of User urn:upc:frank.verharen@kpn.com is skipped due to Filter.
    VERBOSE: Importing data into backup database.

So I hace a user domaina\user with sip adres frank.verharen@kpn.com and a new user domain\userb with the same sip address.

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi Alice, can you please check my comment?
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Are there any event ID or error messages in SFB FE server ?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:47 AM
  • DId you tried with Poolfqdn while importing instead of identity?alos you can try update-csuserdata.

Import-CsUserData -PoolFqdn "atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com" -FileName "C:\Logs\ExportedUserData.zip"

Jayakumar K

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:31 AM