apostophries being inserted at the first of each email address in a group of email addresses RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using OL 2016. It has started inserting a ' in front of each email address in a list of addressees causing the email to be bounced back as undeliverable.  How do I fix this.

z

Sunday, January 28, 2018 5:16 PM

Answers

• It's a group of about 29 addressees.   I just discovered the problem...  I use Cox Communications for my Internet provider and it has, for security reasons, imposed a cap of  20 addressees in one email. What was throwing me off was that when I got the bounce back "can't deliver" message, it listed all the addressees and had a single quote mark before and after each addressee.  I assumed Cox had changed my addresses and sent it out with the single quote and thus the bounce back.

I understand the reason, but the cap is painfully small.  What I've had to do is divide the list into two groups.  Thanks for your help.

z

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 11:08 AM
  • It's a group of about 29 addressees.   I just discovered the problem...  I use Cox Communications for my Internet provider and it has, for security reasons, imposed a cap of  20 addressees in one email. What was throwing me off was that when I got the bounce back "can't deliver" message, it listed all the addressees and had a single quote mark before and after each addressee.  I assumed Cox had changed my addresses and sent it out with the single quote and thus the bounce back.

I understand the reason, but the cap is painfully small.  What I've had to do is divide the list into two groups.  Thanks for your help.

z

Hi Zoey,

Great to see that you have found the cause of the problem and thanks so much for sharing!

By the way, could you please help mark your post above as answer to close the thread so that other community members who might have a similar question can more easily search for the useful information?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by ZoeyZoey Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:17 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Zoey,

Please try the following steps and check if it can fix the issue:

1. Go to File > Options > Mail > Spelling and Autocorrect > AutoCorrect Options.
    2. On the AutoFormat tab, uncheck "Straight quotes" with 'Smart quotes" box.
    3. On the Autoformat As You Type tab, uncheck "Straight quotes" with 'Smart quotes" box.

If the issue persists, please remove the privacy information (e.g. email addresses) and share a screenshot about the issue and the detailed error message then we can do further research on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 4:48 AM
  • Thanks, but it did not work.  Here's the error message that I get back:

Sent:  1/29/2018 6:15 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'email address' on 1/29/2018 6:15 AM

552 5.2.0 4BFM1x00K2ii1Fq01BFNwK internal error                                      

It's the little ' that's being added in front of and at the end of each email address that is not part of each email address.

ZoeyZoey

z

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:25 PM
  • Hi Zoey,

>> in front of each email address in a list of addressees 

By "a list of addresses", do you mean several email addresses or a distribution list which contains a lot of recipients?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:04 AM

z

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 11:08 AM

z

Hi Zoey,

Great to see that you have found the cause of the problem and thanks so much for sharing!

By the way, could you please help mark your post above as answer to close the thread so that other community members who might have a similar question can more easily search for the useful information?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

• Marked as answer by ZoeyZoey Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:17 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:20 AM