Installing software using powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I get a drop  (exe file) fortnightly  from one of our vendors. I now manually install it there are some custom option that i have to select during the installation. I am trying to using powershell and do the install as it is a costume software and there are some option that i have to select during installation i am not sure how to use powershell to do the installation. Are there any programs that will capture my manual installation steps and convert it to powershell script?

Friday, June 7, 2019 9:32 AM

All replies

• You will have to ask the vendor if this is possible with their software and, if so, how to do it.  PowerShell has no facility for determining how to customize software installs.  This is vendor specific.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, June 7, 2019 9:41 AM
  • some exe's will let you create an answer file or have command line options for customisation. Like Jrv said your best bet is to contact the vendor.

On the exe try a /? or /help --help

Richard Knight | Collection Refresh Manager | Automate detection rules for patch \ msp files | Twitter

Friday, June 7, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:04 AM