Printer and RemoteFX in Windows 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Currently doing an internship in a company I am responsible to find a way back to the scanner via RDP.
    I'm looking for more than a week especially in RemoteFX, but I find myself confronted with some problems.
    So I have a server running Windows Server 2012 Standard hosting the Session Host role remote desktop client and a Windows 8 on which I plug my USB devices.
    I have two printers say compatible with Windows 2012 and Windows 8 (an HP LaserJet 3390 and an Epson WP-4525).
    Neither does printers in RDP with RemoteFX, they go back well, I just install the drivers via Windows Update but when I want to print or scan immediately I get an error message and the printer starts automatically in state error.
    I have tested both connected directly from the server and I have no worries to print or scan a document, the shots for me it would come more drivers. However I can not find any other solution.
    I try to start a virtual machine in Windows 8 Hyper-V Enterprise printers are functional.
    The trouble comes so I guess Windows 2012 and a feature can be enabled or set, but no information is findable on the internet.
    Thank you in advance for your help,
    Pierrick

PS : Sorry for my bad english... i'm french

Friday, February 1, 2013 7:30 AM

All replies

• Nobody have an response ?

We see that :

printfilterpipeline.svc who no launch on 2012 Server when we launch an print with USB RemoteFX (on windows 8 we seen that process in the same condition)

MSDN Blog say Windows 2012 is compatible with USB RemoteFX like Windows 8... We really don't understand where is the problem.

Thanks for your help,

Pierrick

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Help please...
    Monday, February 11, 2013 2:41 PM