Error when try to Install forest DC RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Member,

I am getting Error when i try to install 1st forest DC on Server 2008 that error is:

"The Local Administrator Account becomes the Domain Administrator account when you create a new Domain.The new Domain cannot be created because the local administrator account password does not meet the requirements.

Currently a password is not required for the local Administrator account. We recommend that you use the net-user command line tool with the /passwordreq:yes option to require a password for this account before you create a new domain;otherwise the password would not be required for the domain Administrator account"

I Set my password which include numbers, Capital and small letters and characters.

Please help me out to sort this Problem

Thanks

LeoN
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:20 PM

Answers

• Dear Member,

I am getting Error when i try to install 1st forest DC on Server 2008 that error is:

"The Local Administrator Account becomes the Domain Administrator account when you create a new Domain.The new Domain cannot be created because the local administrator account password does not meet the requirements.

Currently a password is not required for the local Administrator account. We recommend that you use the net-user command line tool with the /passwordreq:yes option to require a password for this account before you create a new domain;otherwise the password would not be required for the domain Administrator account"

I Set my password which include numbers, Capital and small letters and characters.

Thanks

LeoN

Hi Leon,

Santhosh provided the list of requirements.

The only two questions I have are 1) how long is the password, and 2) did you run the following command?
    net user Administrator password /passwordreq:yes

You may want to take a look at this thread, too:

Answered: dcpromo.exe Administrator Password required error
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/d63052d2-8baa-447c-8012-9506f0e3124a

Ace

Ace Fekay
    MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• When you run DCPROMO to promote a server to become the first Domain Controller for a new domain in a new forest, you end up with a domain which has the Default Domain Policy enabled.

The password for your local account needs to meet the minimum password complexity:

•The password is at least six characters long.

•The password contains characters from three of the following four categories:

•English uppercase characters (from A through Z)

•English lowercase characters (from a through z)

•Base 10 digits (from 0 through 9)

•Non-alphanumeric characters (for example: !, $, #, or %)

•The password does not contain three or more characters from the user’s account name. If the account name is less than three characters long, this check is not performed because the rate at which passwords would be rejected would be too high. When checking against the user’s full name, several characters are treated as delimiters that separate the name into individual tokens: commas, periods, dashes, hyphens, underscores, spaces, number signs (#), and tab characters. Each token that is three or more characters long is searched for in the password, and if it is present, the password change is rejected. For example, the name “Erin M. Hagens” would be split into three tokens: “Erin,” “M,” and “Hagens.” Because the second token is only one character long, it would be ignored. Therefore this user could not have a password that included either “erin” or “hagens” as a substring anywhere in the password. None of these checks are case-sensitive.

Have you changed the local policy of your server not to require passwords for accounts?  Verify the current local admin password. 

Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA, Network+ Houston, TX

Blogs - http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
    Articles - http://www.sivarajan.com/publications.html
    Twitter: @santhosh_sivara - http://twitter.com/santhosh_sivara

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Dear Member,

Thanks

LeoN

Hi Leon,

Santhosh provided the list of requirements.

The only two questions I have are 1) how long is the password, and 2) did you run the following command?
    net user Administrator password /passwordreq:yes

You may want to take a look at this thread, too:

Answered: dcpromo.exe Administrator Password required error
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/d63052d2-8baa-447c-8012-9506f0e3124a

Ace

Ace Fekay
    MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:05 PM
  • i have still face the problem im using following command

net user Administrator 1q2w#E$R5tpasswordreq:yes

plsss any body help me plssssssss 

before i use this command i re install server 2008 r2 enterprise then use this command & when i run dcpromo command the same error

"The local Administrator account becomes the domain Administrator account when you create a new domain.  The new domain cannot be created because the local Administrator account password does not meet requirements.  Currently, a password is not required for the local Administrator account.  We recommend that you use the net user command-line tool with the /passwordreq:yes option to require a password for the account before you create the new domain; otherwise, a password will not be required for the domain Administrator account." 

plsss help me 

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:19 AM