none
Project Server 2013 Workflow RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to create a workflow in Project Server 2013 that behaves like:

Business Development fills an initial form (that details will be required in PDP) and save to some repository.

Project Manager would have access of that repository and by using that form, PM will create the Project and automatically filled details in PDP from the data of Initial form, and Schedule will be created via Project Template by using EPT.

How to achieve that?

Thanks,

Noman Sohail

Friday, August 5, 2016 7:49 AM

All replies

• Follow below steps:

- Create a Sharepoint list with columns that are required to be filled by Business Development.

- Make sure PM also have access to the Sharepoint List

- Make sure you have made Enterprise Custom Fields in PWA corresponding to sharepoint list columns

Creating a Project from Sharepoint List

- Click on the list row

- Under "Items" tab click Create Project

- Create Projects in Project Web App window will open. Match the list columns with custom fields.

- Click "Create Project"

I Hope this helps :)

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Thanks Kunal,

That works, but only Admin can create Project from that list, other user creates Projects & it shows error, see screenshot below:

Is this permission issue? If yes then which permission should I give to other users?

I want Business Development guy adds an item in the list and Project Manager creates the Project.

Thanks,

Noman Sohail

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:15 AM
  • I would suggest to try it once with admin rights. If it works, that specific permission can be given to PMs.

Kunal

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:41 AM
  • I am able to create Project by Admin rights, but cannot create as PM rights.

Can you please tell me which & where rights I can give?

Regards,

Noman Sohail

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:02 AM