Disable users uploaded with DirSync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have used DirSync to create users on our FOPE account, I've created 130 users. In our company only 50 users need to be on FOPE so I want to delete manually unused users, but if I try to disable them, I receive an error that says that this account could be used from some settings. How can I delete them? I've already changed "user list settings" from directory based to user list source.

I've another question, if I leave all users that I've uploaded with dirsync, but I disable all filters (antispam/antivirus,..) of a user, cost me one licence anyway or not? DBEB will consider that user active or not?

CheersM

Marco

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Answers

• Finally I've used a slightly different solution:

- switch to admin center in user list mode

- upload a csv with users that I want to disable without any check in the options

in this way I granted permissions on the users in the list, then:

- disable users that I don't need

Greetings

Marco

• Marked as answer by M.DP Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:15 AM
    • Edited by M.DP Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

I had a case with MS on how to do this and this is what they wrote to me:

"In order to have the users enabled on the Admin Center again you will need to do the following process:

-Switch the user list source back to Admin Center. This will allow you to see all the users that were disabled using the .csv file.

-Enable the users you want to be the enabled.

-Upload the .csv file with only the user accounts you want to have disabled. This will allow you to keep the users disabled on the Admin Center without having them disabled on your Active Directory.

-Switch back your user list source to Directory Synchronization Tool.

-Resynchronize your users again."

I've tried it and discarded my idea because it's very tricky. If you need assistance on that you should call FOPE support.

FOPE is licensed per seat so a user without any filters is still a user that has to be payed for. The FOPE team is aware of the problem especially regarding the system public folders and other users that are synched to FOPE. For those seats you don't have to pay for.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Monday, February 4, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the fast answer, I will try your suggestion soon and I'll let you know

Cheers

Marco

Monday, February 4, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Finally I've used a slightly different solution:

- switch to admin center in user list mode

- upload a csv with users that I want to disable without any check in the options

in this way I granted permissions on the users in the list, then:

- disable users that I don't need

Greetings

Marco

• Marked as answer by M.DP Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:15 AM
    • Edited by M.DP Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:15 AM