none
Question about Primary Owner and Owner Validation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

how and where can I add the validation that primary owner needs also to be owners in customized group object like in the standard distribution groups.

I have no idea where it could be placed.

Regards Fatih

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:55 AM

Answers

• MSFT has a workflow activity and workflow that perform the validation of groups. Are you saying that you can designate the Displayed owner to be someone that is not in the list of group owners? I never tested that.

Well if that is the case and you want to prevent it or solve it you have several approaches.

1) You can find the workflow that is validating it and add your workflow activities -- not recommended as this workflow could get modified by product updates.

2) You can create your own workflow and have the same MPR that calls the other one call it.

I would suggest an action workflow. If the Displayed Owner is not in list of owners then add him. That can be accomplished with workflow activities. I think you could accomplish that without needing to write your own custom WF activity. You might need to get a custom WF activity that has been created and is made open source to do it.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:43 PM

All replies

• MSFT has a workflow activity and workflow that perform the validation of groups. Are you saying that you can designate the Displayed owner to be someone that is not in the list of group owners? I never tested that.

Well if that is the case and you want to prevent it or solve it you have several approaches.

1) You can find the workflow that is validating it and add your workflow activities -- not recommended as this workflow could get modified by product updates.

2) You can create your own workflow and have the same MPR that calls the other one call it.

I would suggest an action workflow. If the Displayed Owner is not in list of owners then add him. That can be accomplished with workflow activities. I think you could accomplish that without needing to write your own custom WF activity. You might need to get a custom WF activity that has been created and is made open source to do it.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:43 PM
  • Hello David,

thank you for your advice. I applied approach 2 with an own custom workflow which is working fine for me.

Regards Fatih

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:50 AM